Tuesday, December 01, 2009

1st Pixie dust studio and practical scrapper challenge


here's my entry for the 1st Pixie Dust challenge as well as the Practical scrapper challenge. Kathy, at Pixie Dust, has donated a free digi stamp for this "texture" challenge. here's my take on it.

for a while now i've been wanting to use a Starbucks holiday disposable cup and sleeve on a card. I opened up the card and used it on the front and inside of the card. i used the sleeve on the inside of the card as a gift card holder


here's a close-up of the Santa from Pixie Dust Studio. the white parts of the jacket are colored with clear Atyou Spica pen, then i've added white doodlebug flock on some parts. For the beard i used white liquid pearls. I also used some gold liquid pearls on the bag and some red flock. Sorry for the yellow tint to the color, it's really white in real life.

Thanks for stopping by!
Bella

14 comments:

Sherri said...

What a creative idea.........and that Santa is terrific~~

Unknown said...

Love your card... really cute, thanks for playing along at PS

Erin Morehouse said...

ingenious! Is it for me?! :P

Catherine said...

I adore this card! What a fantastic idea and so perfect for the starbucks lover. I will have to scraplift this idea for my one of my cards. Thanks for sharing with all of us over at Practical Scrappers.

Lana Clarke said...

What a fab idea! Thank you for joining us at PDS!
Lana x

Anonymous said...

What a cute project! Thanks for playing with the Pixies!!

Jamie Lane Designs said...

This is adorable, love it all! Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers.

Nathalie (tchoubi) said...

allo!
je suis la copine en français! ahaha!
je la trouve sensas ta carte :)

magicwanda said...

Love that Santa!
great card
Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers

Tammy said...

Oh this is so cute! Love that you used the cup holder.
Super cute!
Thanks for participating in our very first Pixie Dust Studio Challenge!

Lisa Foster said...

This is so darling! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at The Pixie Dust Challenge!
Hugs,
Lisa

Random Acts of Krafting said...

This Rocks! I love coffee, and I will have to try this one for my coffee loving friends.
Hugs
Tanya

Sarah said...

Santa is so cute!! Thanks for joining us at PS!

Claude said...

I love it!!